Re: TR3A starter click, (too occasionally)

To: kinderlehrer@comcast.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3A starter click, (too occasionally)
From: Popnglo@aol.com
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 21:44:13 EDT
In a message dated 05/18/2004 9:33:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
kinderlehrer@comcast.net writes:

> If it's the original starter and the car is a '58 TR3A, I doubt the "65"
> means 1965.
>>>By "original", I meant as I originally bought it. Not nessesarily
"original" as in "originality".

 your original starter was > most likely a "bullet" nosed one.
>>>Yes it is.

I would recommend some more testing

 Is it safe to assume you have > checked the battery and that is strong?
>>>Battery seems fine. I put a charger on it and it didn't need a charge.

If so, you may have a bad cable > going to the starter.  Try a pair of jumper
> cables, attach one directly from the positve terminal on the battery to the
> stud on the starter. Attach the other to the negative terminal on the battery
> and touch it to ground (you do
> have negative ground, right?).
>>>Positive ground, so I guess just reverse of the above. Haven't tried this
yet, maybe tomorrow.  >

Thanks & Best Regards,
Ed