Re: oil pressure

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: oil pressure
From: "McEwen, Art" <Art.McEwen@moh.gov.on.ca>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 11:21:26 -0400
> I'll do the same and switch oil. What oil recommendation?

Would it not be safe to assume that ANY brand name oil would be of better
quality (at least in so much as impurities and viscosity) then was available
when these engines were designed?

Granted there might be some additive designed for modern aluminium engines
or high revs that would be needless to us but surely not harmful?

I too have had oil pressure suddenly inexplicably drop to panic inducing
levels, I put it down to dirt in the system and immediately changed the oil,
although I suppose it could be faulty pump or some sort of temporary air
lock...

Art McEwen

Kingston Canada

TR3A TS64989LO