Update on TR3A turn signal problems

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Update on TR3A turn signal problems
From: "John A. Wise" <Wise@erau.edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 08:18:18 -0700
Just a short note on my progress addressing the left turn signal
problem I asked about over the weekend. The left turn signal flashes
dimly & quickly with no indication on the dash indicator light after
the first flash.  Right turn signal works fine.

I had asked about the wire bundle coming out of the steering box.
Someone in the past replaced all the wires coming out of the steering
box with different color wires.  After tracing all the other wires
the blue one turned out to simply be a replacement for the "proper"
green-with-red wire.

I have a feeling that my problem may lay inside the steering box with
a bad/dirty contact as I have checked at least all the connections &
grounds & they appear OK.  I am planning to cross the wires coming
out of the steering box (left to right & right to left) to see if the
the problem changes sides.  If it changes sides the problem will be
in the switch & if it does not (I hope) the problem mus be in the
wiring connections &/or grounds.  This would have been very simple
expect the guy who did the rewiring of the steering box, also
permanently attached all the right turn signal wires together, so I
will have to do a fix before I can do the test.

Someone on the list did mention that the wrong bulbs could also cause
the same symptoms.  I have swapped the front bulbs but still need to
swap the rear.

John
John A. Wise, Ph.D., CPE

5483 West Potter Drive