Re: Garage question - non LBC

To: "Triumph List (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Garage question - non LBC
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2004 23:25:58 -0500
I poured 12'x30' sections in an unheated garage in Binghamton NY. Every
section has a single crack making two 12'x15' pieces out of the original
12'x30' sections. I poured it on the dirt floor.

I expected it to crack. All concrete in large sections cracks, but it's
not moving around. It's still level. I have good drainage. No steel to
hold it together either. My basement floor and poured concrete walls in
my house are also cracked. I thought all large concrete sections crack.
Concrete shrinks when it dries -- it cracks. It's why they put crack
seams in sidewalks -- to hide the cracks.

Don Malling