Re: Greasy Pole

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Greasy Pole
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 10:01:15 -0500
A long time back a list member suggested that subject lines contain
something that identifies the email as being LBC related.

As I recall, the person was, if not flamed, certainly soundly told that
there were many things he could do to filter spam w/o requesting that
list members go to the "considerable trouble" of identifying their
messages as being LBC related.

Unfortunately, I don't remember what any of those suggestions were, and
I get over 100 spam messages a day. I delete each one by subject line
content.

I'm interested in what all those obvious anti-spam techniques were as I
would like to apply them. I'm also interested because by employer has
installed some anti-spam filtering software on the servers, and went
through a rather lengthy test period to ensure it's effectiveness. My
impression was that it wasn't cheap or simple.

I'm sure I deleted "Greasy Pole" as well.

Don Malling