Re: [triumph_herald] James Bond & Heralds

To: <triumph_herald@yahoogroups.com>, "Triumphs" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [triumph_herald] James Bond & Heralds
From: "William Davies" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 08:46:41 -0000 hAT9meGx007458
From: Scott A. Roberts <herald1200@comcast.net>

> Well, I finally saw a Herald in a James Bond movie- Not sure which one it is,
>but the plot has SPECTRE stealing two atomic bombs and a British
> Vampire jet...

That will be a Vulcan then - far more impressive to see one of those stand on
it's tail and climb vertically. The Vampire is a much smaller 1/2 seat fighter
with twin boom tail. The film is Thunderball.

> In the scene with the Herald, the low level bad guy("Little Fish" according
>to Bond) drives up to the gate of Mr Largo's estate "Palmyra". Not sure
> which model, but sounded like a 1200... It was a white  convertible. I think
>the bad guy driver's name was "Crisp" or something- he was going to
> report to Largo, who threw him to the sharks. Guess Largo doesn't like
>Heralds...

I've no recollection of the Herald in this, shows how long it is since I saw
this film. The Stag in "Diamonds are Forever" reputedly has the "sportier
sounding" exhaust note from a Herald dubbed over...
    Cheers,
        Bill.

--
Rarebits4classics