RE: TR3 Engine Block Needed

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3 Engine Block Needed
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 09:45:42 -0800
> Am needing to source another engine block for my '59 TR3A project
> car.  Does
> anyone have a lead on where I might find one of these used
> somewhere near the
> northeast?

Sorry, I'm on the wrong coast.

>  I think I could use a TR4-4A block and everything
> from the TR3A
> will bolt up, right?

I've heard rumors that some of the very last TR4A blocks were not drilled
for the road draft tube; but all the ones I've seen just had a plug that
could be pried out.  Otherwise, everything should fit as long as
"everything" includes the front plate.  If you're using a pre-50000
transmission, you'll also need the early flywheel and starter.

Randall