Re: Accelerator pedal

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Accelerator pedal
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 19:55:31 -0000
Why would obviously talented
engineers have put rubber pads on the clutch and the brake pedals, but not on
the gas pedal?  ...The latter is, after all, the only one I ever use.

Probably because the talented engineers were alleged to regularly practise the
'black art' of heel and toe. I've never found it to easy in a Triumph because
of the size of my feet and restricted room to move my knees under the average
Standard Triumph instrument panel. That said, H&T without a pendant pedal
rubber is a lot easier than with one, IMHO. It's a whole different ballgame on
an organ pedal as found in a Herald or Vitesse

Jonmac

---