Re: spark plugs

To: "Arakelian, Peter" <arakelianp@mossmotors.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: spark plugs
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 21:37:06 -0600
> I'm an NGK man.  Have used them for 35 years - since before I was born,
right?  They last a long time, are well constructed, and handle a wide range
of conditions.  IMHO better than Champions.

One of the advantages of the NGK over the Champs is that the threads are
much more nicely made.  This pays off more on aluminum heads like my Saturn
and Lotus than the TR4, but it can't hurt.

The only spark plug brand that has actually failed on me is Bosch.  We went
though a lot of hair-pulling on my Midget and found that two out of four
Bosch plugs from a sealed factory box were completely inoperative.  Champs
were what was available that day, and they got the car running fine.

Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
1970 Lotus Europa 65/2597, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1993 Suburban, 1962 TR4 CT2846L
pethier@isd.net  http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.lotusowners.com
"Drifting is the synchronized swimming of auto competitions."  -Gene Bennett