TR3 Hard Top Questions & Parts Needed

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 Hard Top Questions & Parts Needed
From: "Bill Brewer" <bbrewer@qnet.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 15:55:28 -0800
     I have a factory steel hard top for my 1960 TR3A. I am looking for the
little chrome pieces that sit on top of the rear cockpit rail. They are sort
of half round with a flat spot with a hole where the bolt from the hard top
goes through. I only have one original one. Does anyone have any spares
laying around that they would part with?
     Also, I just saw a reproduction of the hard top fastening kit sell on
Ebay for about $140 or so. Are these reproductions any good? From the
pictures, the chrome parts don't look like they match my original piece
exactly, although they look like they would work. Has anyone bought one of
these fitting kits?
     TIA,

     Bill Brewer
     Tehachapi, California