RE: Engine venting

To: <ebk@buffnet.net>, "'TR List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Engine venting
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 08:22:32 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-triumphs@autox.team.net
[mailto:owner-triumphs@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of ebk@buffnet.net
Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2003 6:31 AM
To: TR List
Subject: Engine venting

Hi List!
    How does the crankcase vent up to the valve cover?
I was at our local car club meeting last night & one MG person is having

a problem with with his car. From what I understand, he removed all the
pollution control stuff :-\ . He has a 1500 engine, which is the
Spitfire engine. He has the tube coming out of the Valve Cover (VC),
making a "Y", & each tube end goes into each carb. This set up sounds
like the 1st pollution control that was done on the TR4 engine after the

lower case venting tube was removed. Then later, in the TR4/A engine,
was added the PVC Valve. We were talking about the engine venting & I
would like the input from this list as to how the crank case venting
gases pressure gets from the lower crank case up to the VC to then go
out the tube & into the carbs?
-Cosmo Kramer

Cosmo,
I wrote an article on the problem a few years age.  It is posted on the
following URL.

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/1080/spitfaqs.html

It is listed under "How to Stop Your 1500 From Blowing Oil After You
Remove the Emissions Stuff"

Regards,
Joe