Re: TR4-6 Heater Seal

To: "Jeff Tedder" <jtedder68@cox.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR4-6 Heater Seal
From: "dixie" <dixie4@wales.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 16:21:16 -0000
In my case the original rubber type seal had compacted and hardened to such
a degree that it was no longer providing a seal.

I rectified this with 1/2"deep x 1/2" wide foam that comes on a roll and has
a self adesive surface on one side. This is the kind of stuff you use to
seal heating ducts and such like.

After removing the heater unit I applied the foam neatly around the hole in
the bulkhead/firewall and replaced the heater unit still using the original
seal. My problem was solved in a very cost effective way and the repair is
invisible and effective.

Now if you have removed the remains of the original seal I am sure a visit
to a heating and ventilating workshop will yield something similar to the
original seal.

Adrian
TR4A CT64306 O