TR-3 Horn Problems

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR-3 Horn Problems
From: TR3BOJ@aol.com
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 23:41:09 EST
Hi Folks. Got a question. When I got my TR-3 about three years ago my horns
worked but were a bit erratic at times as I recall. Now, no horns. I measure 12
v. on each side of the horns (measured to chassis ground)...so I'm quite sure
the ground isn't being made through the horn button. I'm wondering where the
ground is physically made. The wiring diagram dosen't give any clues. Is it
made in the horn button area or is it brought back down the steering column and
made in the vicinity of the horns? The wiring harness is so old that the wire
colors are hard to make out. Also, my right turn signals are not working so
maybe I have contact problems inside the steering wheel housing. How does that
come out? Can I open it up and inspect it without creating new problems? Any
help would be appreciated. Thanks, Roland
'59 TR-3A TS-58459-L