Re: HD8 carburettor icing

To: Nicholas Froome <listreader@pvision.co.uk>, 6-Pack email list <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: HD8 carburettor icing
From: Mitchel Seff <ms6453@optonline.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 22:45:16 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hi all,

Thanks to all who responded. I have removed the cold air intake for the
winter & brought the air filter in to the engine compartment. This seems
to have solved the problem, so far. I have driven the car in through
four winters now & the cold air intake conversion was great in the
summer but overwhelming in cold weather.
I think a choke stove & duct to the underside of the fuel bowl will help
more. Thanks to Kai for the great idea of machining a water jacket ,
which I will be working on for a more permanent way to deal with the
problem. You da man Kai.
The good news is-------I CAN DRIVE MY CAR AGAIN !!!!!!!!

--
Mitch Seff