TR4 Starting Problem

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4 Starting Problem
From: "Kurtis" <kurtisj@cox-internet.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2003 16:38:28 -0600
Greetings...

I've been having a hard starting problem with my TR4 since I got it back on
the road last month.  If it sits for a few days, it is difficult to start.
I have to crank it several times before it starts to fire.

I pretty sure the problem is related to the fuel system, since if I squirt a
little gas in the carburetors, it will fire right up.  I originally
suspected the fuel pump had a small leak in the diaphragm and wasn't holding
pressure.  I replaced it (the fuel pump), and that seemed to help some, but
it hasn't solved the problem completely.

Any ideas or suggestions as to a next step?

Thanks,

Kurtis J.
Russellville, Arkansas
1963 TR4