Re: Triumphs daily digest V1 #1745-Extended Warrenty

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Triumphs daily digest V1 #1745-Extended Warrenty
From: "Wayne" <wayne_s@lycos.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 16:35:34 -0800
Well Tom from my own experience, get it.  You may want to check out the company
first, I forgot the name of mine, it was in Texas.  I bought it mostly because
the warrenty could be transfered and I figured that would be a great selling
incentive as I only planned on having the car (98 Subaru Legacy GT) a couple
years.  I bought the car with 35k miles just before it's 'Bumber-to-Bumper'
warrenty expired.  Otherwise I would not have gotten it as I thought Subaru's
were reliable and because of the bad reputation extended warrenties have. The
warrenty paid for: new A/C equipment that didn't work when I bought the car,
but didn't know about since it was winter; new window swtch for ALL the
electric windows and door locks; and most important a new short block that was
needed only 3k miles outside the warrenty period (60k miles).  After much
bitching Subaru paid for 75% of about $4,500 cost to replace the short block.
Bastards-they told me they "might have paid for it all if I had bo
ught the car new".  I asked them why I would ever do that when their cars fall
apart just after the warrenty ends, but they didn't have an answer for that.
All together I estimate the warrenty people paid about twice what I paid for
the warrenty and they seemed happy to do it.  Do read the directions first,
mine had to have repairs authorized BEFORE any work was done, but I found the
warrenty valueable to me.
-Wayne
PS-Yes I do know 'warrenty' is probably spelled wrong.
>Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 11:22:33 -0700
>From: "Tom Di Iulio" <diiulio@ix.netcom.com>
>Subject: Non LBC-Extended Warranty Advice Requested
>
>hi all,
>    i'm buying a used car and am interested in purchasing the extended
>warranty as the car is almost out of factory coverage. do any of you have
>experience with C.A.R.S. Protection Plus Coverage (it's what this dealer
>offers) or have advice on any companies to check into or stay away from?
>thanks,
>Tom Di Iulio
>1976 TR6
>Denver, CO

Enter now for a chance to win a 42" Plasma Television!
http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;6413623;3807821;f?http://mocda1.com/1/c/563632/113422/313631/313631
AOL users go here:
http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;6413623;3807821;f?http://mocda1.com/1/c/563632/113422/313631/313631
This offer applies to U.S. Residents Only