OT: Computer & Camcorder question

To: "Triumphs@autox. Net" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>, "6-Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: OT: Computer & Camcorder question
From: "R. Ashford Little II" <ralittle2@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 15:53:04 -0500
I am about to upgrade my current computer to a newer model.  I also have
an analog camcorder that is used exclusively for family footage -
hopefully something embarrassing to use in 25 years.  I am
contemplating, or at least interested in having the capability to record
and edit digital footage and then burn to a DVD.  This means I might be
upgrading the camcorder soon too.  However, I don't know much about the
software that might come with a new Dell system and how good that is
compared to other products.  Also ideas or opinions on Camcorders
themselves would gladly be accepted.

So if any of the esteemed list members can point me in the right
direction, I would be pleased.  Please contact me off-list to save
everyone the boredom.

PS:  any more garagmahall pics out there, thanks to those who submitted.
It's been fun.

R. Ashford Little II
www.geocities.com/ralittle2