Re: TR4 Starting Problem

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR4 Starting Problem
From: "Kurtis" <kurtisj@cox-internet.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 22:33:39 -0600
Thanks to everyone who replied regarding my hard starting problems.  I made
some adjustments to my choke linkage/connection, and was able to coax about
twice the travel out of the jet assembly I had before.  The car started up
cold on the first crank.

Now I have another problem...  I noticed the bolt that threads into the side
of the front carb that holds the choke fast idle cam was loose.  When I
tried to tighten it, it never would tighten up.  I went ahead and pulled the
carb off to get a better look at it, and the threaded casing piece that
protrudes from the carb is split. :(

Oh well... I'll deal with that tomorrow (or later...).  All the gas fumes
are making me very sleepy... :)

Thanks again everyone!

Kurtis J.
Russellville, Arkansas