Re: Non LBC-Extended Warranty Advice Requested

To: diiulio@ix.netcom.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Non LBC-Extended Warranty Advice Requested
From: LaJoMor@aol.com
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 13:46:41 EST
Tom...
I have limited knowledge of current Ext. Warranties but did have one in the
past (Volkswagen Rabbit/Golf) which in my 20/20 hindsight, was worthless. It
was definitely my fault though...I didn't read the very fine, obfuscated lines
that said "only internally lubricated parts".

My suggestion...read every line twice and ask questions... KNOW EXACTLY what
is covered and how.

All that being said, I think perhaps an extended warranty on a 'previously
owned vehicle' (read, used) might be prudent since verifying maintenance  etc.
is difficult. I am not sure you can even contact previous owners anymore
because of privacy laws. If you are purchasing an American Big Three car an
extended
warranty would make more sense than a comparable Toyota, Honda, or even a
Nissan. This is just MY bias...although much of it can be supported by such
organizations like Consumer Reports which lists reliablity etc. over several
model
years.

Good luck...
Larry M