RE: HD8 Carb. Icing

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: HD8 Carb. Icing
From: John Gillis <jgillis@gemini.tcd.ie>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 09:33:55 +0000
Paul,
Before you get yourself all technical, two pieces of information that
might help. As well as my beloved Triumph I also own a Kawasaki W650,
like most Kwackers it has a tendency to ice it's carbs. particularly
on air cooled models, the company fitted pre heating units to the
carbs to try curb the problem,Piece of info No.1 it doesn't always
work, even when it is only damp and not particularly cold it still
occurs. What does work, piece if info No.2 100% Silkolene PRO FST
additive, also good for boosting octane and keeping the fuel system
tip top.
--
John Gillis
1954 TR2 TS3618. October 1954 (ground up)

Phones: 6081149 or 6081137 mobile: 086 1556589