carb data needed

To: <MG-MGB@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: carb data needed
From: "ptegler@cablespeed" <ptegler@cablespeed.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 16:15:12 -0500
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <spitfire-enthusiast@yahoogroups.com>, <SPIT6CGT6@yahoogroups.com>, <nass@yahoogroups.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>, <megasquirt@yahoogroups.com>
OK.... I know the 'capability' flow rates for HS4 and HS6
carbs.... but does anyone know where I can find... or
know how to calculate the pressure drop in  In/Hg
of air flowing through a carb (pipe) when the dimensions
and flow rates are known?

I'm doing some 'reverse engineering' in a large spreadsheet
comparing carb capabilities vs engine breathing requirements.
I've already worked up all the 'cfm's' consumed for 1500cc
1800cc 2000cc and 2500cc engines across the rpm range
at increments of 150 rpm.  This has been done at  100%Ve
85%Ve and 110% Ve (theoretical, street and racing)

I've also plotted the fuel consumptions for those volumes
at 14.7 (stoic) and at 12.5 (power) A/F ratios.

So now I simply need to calculate the pressure drop, so I can
calculate 'theoretical' flow rates and depressions in the carb
to compare 'real' application feasibilities.

Thanks

Paul Tegler
ptegler@cablespeed.com
www.teglerizer.com