D-type OD... are those grease ports? and lubrication?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: D-type OD... are those grease ports? and lubrication?
From: Steve Myers <mountainunicycle@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 19:25:21 -0800
I have a D-type OD in a 72 GT6. Anyone know if those little
grease-port-looking things are grease ports on a D-type OD? (you can
see the top of a little ball through a hole, like a grease port)

Also, is there a separate plug to drain the OD portion of the tranny,
or is draining the main transmission sufficient? When refilling, I
think I just refill through the transmission fill hole?

I couldn't find anything definitive on these in my workshop manual.

Thanks!
Steve
71TR6
72 GT6