electrical problem - TR3A

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: electrical problem - TR3A
From: charles dubois <duboistr3@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 16:43:04 -0800 (PST)
Hello,

First, thanks for advice regarding my hard starting Tr3a.  After adjusting
timing( it was very much advanced) it now starts the way it should.

Next problem:  Whenever I turn on the lights. the ammeter goes to the discharge
side.  I can use the heater and wipers and radio w/o problem.

I have renewed all connections.  Many were dirty and signs of corrosion could
be seen.

The battery is brand new.

The generator is basically unused although it has sat in the car for 5 years
w/o being used much.

The control box is original equipment.

My manual has some guidelines for testing the proper output for each device but
I have very little experience in this area.

Can anybody suggest what the most likely problem may be?

TIA

Charlie DuBois -
Poughkeepsie,NY
58 TR3 - 31682E