TR3A Fan and motor mount R+R

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3A Fan and motor mount R+R
From: "Jim Lee" <sasjzl@netzero.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 22:31:18 -0500
Hi all,
I just dug out a beautiful TR6 fan and a couple of brand new motor mounts that
I had brought years ago and never got around to installing on my 1959 TR3A.
Can someone tell me if it is possible to replace these two items without havin
to remove the front apron on my TR3?  Or conversely if it is worth the trouble
of removing the front apron.  I might be unnecessarily wary of removing it.
The main danger I have heard about removing this body piece is that it is very
easy to screw up the paint on the fenders and apron.  I don't have the best
paint job ever but I am pretty happy with it for now and would hate to chance
screwing it up if I didn't need to.  Has anyone changed these parts without
removing the front apron?

Thanks very much,
Jim Lee
1959 TR3A