* I made it - Part 2 of 5 *

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: * I made it - Part 2 of 5 *
From: "Wayne" <wayne@brazinski.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 21:18:35 -0600
It took 10 minutes for me to make up my mind to buy the car.  Between Fred
and myself I was physically prepared for the trip to Illinois as well.  Many
of you helped because I used your suggestions to equip my emergency toolkit.
Tom White, Paul Willoughby, and Randall Young provided valuable insight.
Ken Gano provided advice and emergency phone numbers along the route and his
secret pager code!  In any case my kit plus Fred's left me with more stock
that TRF (oops - sorry!!! grin).  It turns out I almost needed it.

I left in high if wobbly spirits to get McDonalds for lunch.  By the time I
had completed the 10 minute journey I had managed to shear off the gear
lever leaving myself a 2 inch nub (yes I know it does not happen) and also
noticed the oil pressure gauge was leaking oil onto the tan carpet.  Not big
items at all as I have spares and can fix them and certainly nothing Fred
could have anticipated.  Feeling a bit chagrined I kept driving and took
Route 68 through the Appalachian mountains on Fred's recommendation.
Brilliant.  Fantastic road and beautiful.  Unfortunately I broke down about
half way through.  Luckily I had a cellphone, and luckily I had a signal
which was rare for this trip. Ten minutes on the phone with Fred had the
problem solved - the white coil wire has lost it's connector and was easily
fixed with the portable garage in the trunk.

--> continued