* I made it - Part 1 of 5 *

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: * I made it - Part 1 of 5 *
From: "Wayne" <wayne@brazinski.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 21:18:28 -0600
Well everyone, I survived the trip - all 800 miles of it.

Thanks to the work, advice, and roadside guidance of Fred Thomas I am now
the proud owner of a 1958 Signal Red Triumph TR3 with Tan interior and
overdrive.  Practically everything about the car has been lovingly cared
for and rebuilt and yet I still managed to break parts of it.  Here's the
story:

Several months ago I began asking the list for referrals on a project car.
I received word from many of you and there were some very good offers.
Fred, however, came through with a car that exceeded my expectations by
miles.  Overdrive, great paint, rebuilt engine, clean.  I waited VERY
patiently for 2 months while Fred and the seller Tim McArtor worked on the
car to make SURE it was road worthy so I could drive it home.  I offered to
get it transported - but NO.  Fred has a saying - there's only 2 ways to do
something a) the right way and b) the wrong way.  So Wayne gets to wait.
And wait.  Last weekend the wait was over and I flew to Washington DC to
look at the car.  On Friday night I stayed over with an English Friend of
mine.  He's a good laugh and we went out for a nice dinner.  Then a few
drinks.  Well - lots of drinks - so many in fact that I can't remember
anything past 1am.  We got home around 2:30 - 3:30 apparently.  Within a few
hours 2 *hurting* Brits are on their way to Fredericksburg, VA.  We end up
being an hour late.  Beautiful country - especially compared to my "native"
plains.

-->continued