TR3A Head

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3A Head
From: "Terry" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 18:54:03 -0400
Normally seeing something like this on a head that belongs to me would have me
sweating globules of nitrous oxide, but this time, I dunno.

On my first close inspection of the head, I noticed a couple of things.  One,
it had sat for so long, a spring is shot and the valve is permanently open.
No prob.  Even if it's a warped valve, I'm replacing valves, springs, et al.

More scarier, ugh, is the crack in the head.  Aha!  But, then again, this
crack is in the very center of the head, running between what looks like two
coolant holes between the 2nd and 3rd cylinders.  The holes would act like
"stops," so the crack shouldn't spread.

All in all, this looks like it would be a typically weak spot in the head, but
not one subject to much in the way of stress, so might be welded without much
interference with reliability or performance.

Please tell me I'm right even if it's not true!