TR3A Head

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3A Head
From: "Terry" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 22:08:29 -0400
Before I order valves, seals and such, and take the head in to the machine
shop, does anyone have advice about how to refurbish the valve seats for
unleaded gas?  Is this a tempering/hardening process, or does the machine shop
have to literally cut out and replace material?

There is something about restoring this '59 TR3A that mirrors the best part of
life.  Or maybe it's my stage of life (50) that is grateful for this removing
and refurbishing /replacement of old, greasy, rusted, used parts with
new-bushed, tight-tolerance, brightly cleaned, painted and shiny chrome new
ones.  Life in an odd way is beginning anew for both this tired TR and me, and
when the wind finally hits us on the highway, the too many miles behind us
each will seem discarded with the frozen wheel cylinders, and what is left is
anticipation of taking life afresh at speed again.

Whoops!  Sorry!  Zen cramp.

Terry Smith
TS 58667