RE: TR3 Driveline

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3 Driveline
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 20:04:11 -0700
> So questions:
> a)  Does unscrewing this cap let me completely disassemble the
> drive shaft for
> cleaning and inspection?

Yes.

> b)  If so, is there some sort of seal inside that I can't see in the Moss
> catalogue?

Yes.  I'm not sure it was ever available, there doesn't seem to be factory
part number for it, but it's definitely there.  Just a dust seal really, so
just reuse the old one.

> c)  Will I disturb the balance of the driveline if I do take it apart and
> don't get the splines exactly lined up again?

Yes !  The two yokes must be in exactly the same plane.  However, I don't
believe turning it exactly 180 degrees will hurt anything.

> Oh, and since I'm replacing the tranny with an OD, is this normal 4 speed
> driveline the right one at all?

Yes again.

Randall