Wire vs steel wheels - effect on track & other questins

To: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>, M D Nugent <carcentric@yahoo.com>
Subject: Wire vs steel wheels - effect on track & other questins
From: ebk@buffnet.net
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 07:23:39 -0400
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 14:32:43 -0700 (PDT)
From: M D Nugent <carcentric@yahoo.com>
Subject: Wire vs steel wheels - effect on track

On a TR4, will switching from steel wheels to wire wheels (using bolt
on splined adapters), does the track increase or stay the same?

If you happen to know the rear track dimension both with wires and with
steel wheels, I'd appreciate knowing what they both are?

M D Nugent
Renton, WA
---------------------------------
Hi MD Nugent & TR List members!
        I have thoughts of doing the same thing as M D Nugent, but have not as
of yet. Therefore, I would be interested in any replies that sent off the TR
list to M D Nugent. I'm on the TR Digest List so I will receive replies at a
later date.
        My concerns are:
1- The extra width of the tracking wheels might cause rubbing on the wings?
                [I use the standard size wheels for a TR4/A, which is: 165 X 15]
2- The extra width of the tracking in the rear might cause extra stress on the
differential?
3- The extra width of the tracking in the front might cause extra stress on the
anchor points on the lower Wishbone Arms Lower mounting Bracket on the Frame
Rails?
                [As a recent past thread of Ashford's project, repairing this
weak point]
        TIA,
-Cosmo Kramer