RE: compact radio/cdplayer

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: compact radio/cdplayer
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 22:27:13 -0700
> There is at least one company that will take your vintage radio
> and convert
> it to modern internals, but still keep it looking stock on the
> outside.  One
> day, that's what I plan on doing to the dead Motorola in my 1964 TR4.
> Anyone out there have contact info on this radio conversion company?

Here's two from the Monster List, I believe there are lots more:
http://www.antiqueautomobileradio.com/
http://www.gate.net/%7Egtayman/stereo.htm

> I believe I will have to convert to negative ground to do this, though.

There is always another option : use a polarity converter to power the
radio.  These devices take in the -12 volts (relative to the car's ground in
a positive ground car) and put out the +12 volts that a negative ground
radio needs.  No other wiring changes required, the radio doesn't have to be
isolated or anything.

Randall