Does this product exist?

To: Scott Tilton <stilton@protoprod.com>
Subject: Does this product exist?
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 08:50:02 -0400
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net> 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h8OCrTF8010648
Message text written by Scott Tilton
>As I'm playing with my timing light. . I can't help but wonder:

Is there any sort of product out there with an inductive trigger (is that
what the thing on the timing light is called that you clamp around the plug
wire) that is hooked up to a data logger?

I just think it'd be cool to go for a short test drive and have a little
device log each time a cylinder fires.

Heck  .  . if it had multiple channels . .you could hook them up to all
your
cylinders and have mountains of data to play with.  Sure would be helpful
for finding any missed fires.

Okay . . done wondering.  If the product doesn't exist. . maybe Dave Massey
or Randall could make one for me.

<

Sure.  A Red Lion 8 digit counter and the pickup and a few "glue" parts and
you're done.  But why?  So you can replace your spark plugs based on the
number of firings?  Or are you just curious howmany times the piston goes
up and down?  (I think you don't want to know)

Dave