Re: Strange Ebay Practice

To: "Hugh Barber" <tr6nut@sbcglobal.net>, "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "6pack List" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Strange Ebay Practice
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kai@radiohead.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 19:53:41 -0400
The guy is off more than a bit, on some days it is obvious that he did not
take his medication when he wrote the descriptions.  His attitude ranges
from down right vicious to passive aggressive.

1)    He hates last minute bidders.  I can't figure this one out, for
sellers, last minute bidding is not a bad thing... especially when you have
a hot item and there are multiple last minute bidders who are not only
bidding against each, but are forced to make large bids in because of time
constraints.

2)    Worldcarz does hate questions... you ask a question and he considers
you to be wasting his time.

3)    He will only sell to you if he likes you and most of the time, he asks
in the auction description, to email him for bid approval prior to bidding.
What is the point of that?  I do not think this guy understands capitalism
or the auction marketplace.

His recent auction descriptions have been relatively calm.  Previously he
would write multi-paragraph manifestos about dead beat bidders and list
their names and email address, as well as various political statements, and
quite a bit of other junk.  If he wanted to emphasis his point he would make
it in Size 6 Bold Text!

I don't bid on stuff from him, but I do come across his amusing auctions
every once in a while...

Kai