Re: Old car question, some LBC

To: don spence <dspence@oanet.com>
Subject: Re: Old car question, some LBC
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 15:41:00 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net> 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h8JJgOF8016253
Message text written by don spence
> recently pulled a dummy, installing a battery backwards in a 65 jag S
type (for sale by the way).  The radio (original) stopped working. I
quickly reversed the install to positive ground. Two days later the
radio worked but had no volume. Two days after that all was back to
normal.
<

"It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and
superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears, and the summit of
his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination."

I suppose there is a logical explaination such as dodgy lucas connectors
and coincidence but from where I stand I would only be guessing.
Electronics back in 1952 were not self healing.  Still aren't (well except
for some film type caps but they aren't damaged by reverse polarity
anyway).

Dave