Re: 70 GT6+ Interior

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 70 GT6+ Interior
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 12:49:09 -0400
On 19 Sep 2003 at 7:09, kmdalton@AircraftBraking.com wrote:
> I have a 70 GT6+...Mine has the arm rest and a vinyl covered
> (C shaped) section that slips over the area between the arm
> rest and the transmission cover.  There is nothing else.

I'm at the office instead home just now so I can't look at the cars,
but I can remember most of the details (I think).

Very curious.  The "arm rest and a vinyl covered (C shaped) section
that slips over the area between the arm rest and the transmission
cover" sound like parts from my '80 Spitfire but *not* my '70 GT6+.

I believe the Spitfire is all original.  Its beige interior has the
armrest/handbrake cover (TRF Spitfire Catalog part 822734) and the
C/U-shaped cover (TRF Spitfire Catalog part 822824).  The TRF catalog
lists these as fitted after 1974.  It also has knee pads (which I
think are black) which tuck under the central dash support bracket.
The TRF catalog doesn't list them but the online catalog at
spitbits.com lists them as "unpictured" but presumably orderable
because an online-order entry exists.  (Their online GT6 catalog also
lists kneepads (AR1633A1 and AR1634A1.)

My GT6+ has no armrest.  (Duh, I don't recall whether anything except
carpet covers the mount of the handbrake handle.)  However it has two
long strips that run along the sides of central hump, from behind the
seatbelt mounts forward to overlap the kneepads.  It has the same (at
least visually) kneepads as the Spitfire.  It has no C-shaped cover.
Perhaps my GT6 is missing parts, but the handbrake cover is certainly
different from the Spitfire's and *seems* correct.

Perhaps I should have spelled it "catalogue".

Just my $.007.

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller@pop.rcn.com