RE:RE: TR3 Block Drain Spigot

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net> FILETIME=[D9B58A20:01C37DE2] 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h8IHm03B027525
Subject: RE:RE: TR3 Block Drain Spigot
From: "Evans, Mark CVB Info Systems" <Mark.Evans@anheuser-busch.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 07:46:15 -0500
I have a similar question. The handle on my block drain spigot was frozen and
broke off when trying to drain the block during a recent coolant flush. I used a
vice grip to eventually work it loose and clean out the crud and successfully
drain the block. The valve works with minor weeping but I want to replace it as
I don't like having broken things. However, I fear that I will snap off the
spigot in the block (much like the handle broke). If this happens, due to space
constraints, it looks like I would have to pull the engine to fix it.

Should I leave well enough alone?

Mark A. Evans

1966 TR4A IRS CTC63970 LO 'Tressy'
Acworth, Georgia - USA