Old car question, no LBC

To: "Philip E. Barnes" <peb3@cornell.edu>
Subject: Old car question, no LBC
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 13:23:26 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h8HHVi3B011158
Message text written by "Philip E. Barnes"
>Since you guys (collectively) seem to know everything, I'll ask. A
friend's
son has a 1951 Plymouth that was given to him. The car hasn't run in a
while and the battery is missing. He bought a battery; I knew it was
6-volt. The question is, is the car positive or negative ground? I have the
feeling it's negative, but I'm not sure. How can one tell for sure? We're
going to take a whack at starting it tonight.
<

Funny, I have a feeling it is positive ground.  ISTR that GM was negative
ground and all the others were Positive ground up until about 1957 when
they all went to 12V negative ground.

Dave