fun

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: fun
From: "joe maher" <jmaher0343@bresnan.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 18:59:45 -0600
Cc: "Triumph_Cars" <triumph_cars@yahoogroups.com>
I have had my 59 TR3A since mid July.  I have not driven it much at all as
it needed new tires (old ones were cracked and dry rot and there was no
spare or jack), new brakes (they squealed, tires were hard to turn, pedal
was mushy and there was a deep nick in one of the front rotors) and I was
having over heating problems.  The overdrive does not work, but from feeling
around where I can't see, I found two wires not connected so I am optomistic
that it just needs them connected.  During this down time I put in new plugs
and air cleaners.  I found out that the thermostat was a 1" and not 3/4",
and it did not have the radiator shroud, so I fixed both of those and put
water wetter in.  I also did a few other things.  Last week, I put new tires
on, found a 135R15 for a spare(that fits in the compartment) and got a jack.
Had the rotors turned, new pads and brake hoses put on, and the system bled
(there was lots of water in the brake system).  I also found out I have 9"
rotors, so that will save me some $.  I drove it in to get some gas a little
while ago and it was the most fun I have ever had getting gas.  I plan on
using it as my daily driver until it gets to cold and/or I have more money
saved up for the next major project (the suspension).  I have a LONG way to
go to get the car to where I want it, and I don't trust it outside of
Cheyenne yet, but what a blast in the mean time and I need to watch the
speedo a little closer before I get a ticket.
Joe
TS57347, finally, happily, being driven