TR6 engine numbers

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 engine numbers
From: "Paul Seedoff" <rx74evr@mchsi.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 11:38:07 -0500
Hello all!

While dismantling the last TR6 on our property this part weekend(72) I
had to look at the engine number on the block to order a new valve cover
gasket and exhaust gasket. My question is my engine number is
CC31609HE.what does the HE stand for? When I called TRF they didn't know
and were out of valve cover gaskets also (no way, shock to the brain, a
backorder from TRF!) Does anyone know what the HE means at the end?
Thanks again guys, by the way, if anyone needs any parts from a 72,74 or
75 TR6 , let me know, I have a garage full now(and battle of the brits
is going to be rained out so were not going to vend). NO body parts, NO
body parts. Thanks!

Paul Seedoff

CF36919U