RE: TR4A/TR6 wheel data

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR4A/TR6 wheel data
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 12:20:35 -0700
> So I was just thinking,
> there must be
> zillion TR6 guys who would want to get their hands on the TR6
> wheels,

Unless they're the early ones with the mounts for the Rostyle caps, stock
TR6 wheels aren't especially scarce.

> And once I
> am getting new tires why not go a little wider? I caught the "wider is
> better" fever at a recent autox. (no I wouldn't even think of
> driving the TR, I was
> in my Bugeye Sprite, on stock tires and wheels.)

Wider tires I'll agree with.  I'm just suggesting that wider wheels may not
be the most cost-effective place to spend your money.  Of course, it's your
car, and your money, really none of my #@! business.

> Seems like some Saab wheels could really work nicely

I thought you were talking about wider wheels ?
The Saab wheels that Barney mentions are only 5.5", same as the TR6 stockers

> As far a suspension work, except for changing the coil springs,
> not sure what else I can do.

I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you ... <g>

I don't have my copy of Kas' new book yet, but I'll bet it's a gold mine of
such tips :
http://www.fot-racing.com/

In the meantime, check out
http://www.cruzers.com/~twakeman/TR/Net_TR3suspension.htm
especially Bill Babcock's section near the bottom.

Randall
59 TR3A daily driver - with 205/55 tires on TR6 wheels, hard bushings, sway
bars, etc.
        - contemplating a roll center/camber change