Two TR3A Oil Questions

To: "Terry" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Subject: Two TR3A Oil Questions
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 07:56:57 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h8AC2Jdl019439
Message text written by "Terry"
>My other question seemed simple, and has to do with transmission oils.
List
archives cite Redline MT90 as the transmission/differential oil of choice,
since it has a 4 rather than a 5 rating, and is less caustic to yellow
metals.
But I have an overdrive.  It niggles at me that I read somewhere that
running
a 4 oil of lower weight, say 30 or 40, was better.  I apologize if you've
dealt with this frequently...I couldn't find it.
<

Terry, I offer this for anecdotal purposes.  I run Redline MTL90 in my TR6
(J-type O-D) and straight weight 30W motor oil in the transmission of the
TR3 (A-type O-D) and both work fine.

Dave