California- no LBC/EV

To: "Triumphs" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>, <triumph_herald@yahoogroups.com>, "John Bujosa, President of E.V.O.O.A." <evooa@nwadv.com>
Subject: California- no LBC/EV
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 19:39:38 -0400
Just a little note in wonderment- what are they thinking in California?

My sister has been on an extended cross country trip from NJ the past several
weeks- and spent about three weeks or so traversing California. Today she
received a letter in the mail from the California Highway Patrol in San Louis
Obispo. Thinking it may be a photo ticket, I called her, and she bade me open
it, and describe the contents. We had a good laugh. Apparently, it must be the
custom of CHP to send visitors to the Gray Davis State a warning that if
they're a moving there, they'd better register their car!  My sister's car,
being properly insured and registered in NJ had drawn this attention, and thus
this letter was sent out- with no reason given( or rather checked off from the
list on the back) as to why her car had been investigated! What a way to treat
the tourists- accuse them of falsely registering their cars while living in
California! (Yeah- like NJ insurance is much cheaper!) I gave her the contact
info, as there was a threatening tone to the letter should she not respond
within twenty days.

Man- with a "Big Brother" government like that, no wonder they are tossing
Gray Davis, for whom I have no love anyway, based on recent e-mails concerning
his bias against older cars... What a way to waste taxpayer money- tracking
down the visitors to accuse them of fraud! I could see if she had tags from a
neighboring state- then maybe... But NJ!!!??? Only a full continent away! I'm
still laughing. I think when I drive to California I will be sure to attach a
pair of magnetic signs to the car-

"JUST VISITING!"

Scott