Re: Brake Parts

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Brake Parts
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 00:00:26 +0100
Hi Bill
I can't debate the point on a drum brake stopping a car just as well as
discs, I would question whether this held true in the rain or after passing
through standing water. The main advantage of discs is the repeatability of
stopping several times in quick succession, and the availability of linings.
Stock linings may stop equally well, but how about Green Stuff for Herald
front drums, I know it is available for the Disc pads, and I'll wager that
will always beat drums?

Graham.