Brake Parts

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Brake Parts
From: Eduard Tieseler <etiesele@metrolist.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 14:11:20 -0700
I do have the old cylinders, I could check them out to see if they are pitted
at all.  I replaced some that were ceased up several months ago, I have not
done the rest.  The brake cylinders are mainly a safety concern.  I do have a
question about the master cylinder however.  I attempted to pull apart the
clutch master cylinder months back and could not remove the piston from the
bore.  Is there a trick to getting it out to replace the rubber inside?  I did
order a rebuild kit and still have it.  I couldn't figure out how to
disassemble the cylinder so I never used it.  That would probably be the least
expensive solution.

Thanks again,

Eduard Tieseler
'66 Herald

Do you have cylinders? If you do why not rebuild what you have. Or you could
put a parts wanted ad on the VTR pages and see who might respond. This list
is probably the best venue however and you're on your way to getting some
answers I'm sure.
JVV