TR6 battery recommendation

To: "triumphs list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 battery recommendation
From: "Ian Viles" <ian.viles@ntlworld.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 21:36:33 +0100
The (too small 40 Ahr) battery on the 6 is dead after one flattening too
many (re-priming the injection system didn't help).
My car is a PI with Bosch fuel pump, halogen headlights and supplementary
electric radiator fan. The book specifies 60 Ahr battery for pre-73 TR6s and
57Ahr from 73 onwards. Alternator was 15 and 16 ACR respectively. I have
fitted a 18ACR to help cope with the demands of Bosch pump etc. New
battery-wise, what's the best bet nowadays?
TIA
Ian Viles (Derbyshire)
73 TR6