Window Seal Clips

To: "INTERNET:Ct54531@aol.com" <Ct54531@aol.com>
Subject: Window Seal Clips
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 14:50:30 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h81IsZBp020158
Message text written by INTERNET:Ct54531@aol.com
>Yes, I know. This has been discussed any number of times. But, as always,
when I wasn't doing it, I didn't pay attention. Can anyone refresh me on
the
various ideas/ methods used to remove and reinsert the clips that hold the
window
seals on? Was the wisdom that the window glass had to be removed?
Oh and while I'm doing that, I ordered the door finishers from Vicky Brit
which seems to have been the only one who had them. They're not the real
thing
but better than what's there (one torn up, one nonexistent). I notice some
holes
in the underside. Is this the preferred method of attachment? Screw (or
other
fastener) in from underneath? Will that require removal of the window
glass?
My apologies for asking something that's been asked so many time before.
And
my thanks in advance.
<

Jim, the seals (these are the ones that finish off the opening into which
the window egresses, right?) are held in with U shaped clips.  Putting on
these clips looks well nigh impossible with the window in place but if you
make a little tool it is actually quite easy.  The tool is nothing more
than a straight piece of band iron with a hook bent at the end.  Position
the clip over the lip of the door and the flange on the seal and use the
tool to pull it into place.

Start at the front with the window down.  These are the easiest to install
and are good practice.

Good luck

Dave