TR 3 Drop Arm Nut

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR 3 Drop Arm Nut
From: "Terry" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 00:38:49 -0400
This nut is driving me nuts.

I've rebuilt the steering box on this frame off TR3 I'm doing.  I thought to
replace the nut underneath that holds the the drop arm on, with a nyloc so
allowed (ahem) myself to misplace it.

Hmmm.  Of the two sizes available at local New Hampshire hardware stores, a
3/4 is too big and a 5/8 is too small.  I can get this from Moss, but I feel
silly going there with a single item order for a nut.  (...But apparently not
too silly to spread the word on the world wide web....)

Anybody know if this is an 11/16ths?  Or could it be a residual metric on an
otherwise US standard car?

By the way, did the Brits use metrics on the LHD LBG's sold over the pond?