Re: honda site, now super cars

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: honda site, now super cars
From: don spence <dspence@oanet.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 10:17:19 -0600
Uh... I'm talking about the WRX STi, not the WRX

"Subaru claims that the new STi is capable of accelerating from a
standstill to 100km/h in a spine-compressing 4.8 seconds.  Given the
preliminary specifications, we believe them! "
  I've done it.

So did Motor Trend
        2004 Subaru WRX STi
Price range     $32,000-$32,500 (est)
Vehicle layout  Front engine, awd, 4-door, 5-pass
Engine  2.5L/300-hp turbocharged F-4, DOHC, 4 valves/cyl
0-60 mph, sec   4.87
1/4-mile, sec@mph       13.23@104.6
Braking, 60-0, ft       111
600-ft slalom, mph      69.1
On sale in U.S. Currently
SPECS. AT A GLANCE
ENGINE
TURBOCHARGED, AIR-TO-AIR INTERCOOLED
 2.5 LITER FLAT-4. DOHC 16V
POWER OUTPUT    300 HP(SAE) @ 6000 RPM
TORQUE OUTPUT   300 LB-FT @ 4000 RPM
TRANSMISSION    CLOSE RATIO, 6 SPEED MANUAL
DRIVE   ALL WHEEL DRIVE, LIMITED SLIP DIFFERENTIAL

Go to:
http://impreza.subaru.com/microsites/impreza/wrxsti/wrxsti.jsp

It's high tech, wild to drive and costs a whole lot more than I'd get
for my TR6. Damn.

Cheers
don