Re: check out this honda site. really.

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: check out this honda site. really.
From: "andylit@covad.net" <andylit@covad.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 13:33:13 -0400 FILETIME=[F627D8A0:01C36B2E] 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h7PHZfVI001967
Original Message:
-----------------
From: Dave Massey 105671.471@compuserve.com

Message text written by "Andrew H. Litkowiak"
>At the risk of drawing substantial abuse, I will state the following:

>My Si will out-accelerate, out-corner, out-run and generally out-perform
any Triumph car ever built. This is not a brag, simply an engineering
certainty.
<

Yup.  Your modified SI will out perform any Factory Stock Triumph ever
built.

OK

But what about a modified Triumph?
----------------------------

Now we're talkin'! The engine I built but never installed and then sold
would be an excellent excercise. Probably 145hp. Built for hot street, but
not for the race course.

Part of the key is redline, how high and how fast can you reach it. The Si
engine redline is around 7000 rpm. You get there very quickly in 1st, 2nd
and 3rd.

I'm thinking that 145hp in a TR6 would allow a much more rapid attainment
of redline.

Another factor is gearing. We know that 1st gear to 1st gear, the TR will
always win, even stock TR against modified Si. How much of this
attributable to FWD vs RWD? How much to actual gear ratios?

With a high HP engine in a TR, can it match or beat the high HP Si? I don't
know. I haven't researched the trans/diff ratios.

Andy Litkowiak