Re: TR6 front oil seal

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 front oil seal
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 13:07:17 +0100
Hi Jim
It is very difficult to explain this by lip facing in or out as we all have
different perceptions of which way the lip is facing when installed
correctly. I tried the picture is worth a thousand words job! And have now
increased the confusion. 8^(
The seal will have a side which has text on, part nos and what have you, you
should have this facing the stub axle. If looking from the stub axle side of
the hub you can see the spring on the inside of the seal and not the text
you have it wrong, if you see the text you have it correct.

Hoping this does no more than eliminate some confusion!

Graham.